This article explains the difference between user roles and what each can or can't do
In ahead, we differentiate between three roles: 👤 User, ✏️ Editor and 🔒 Admin.
Users have access to ahead and can see published content.
This role has basic permissions:
- ✅ Read news, pages, stories, the Company Compass and activities.
- ✅ Create stories and upload photos and videos, post thoughts and connect them to the Company Compass.
- ✅ Interact (comment, reply and react) with news, knowledge pages and stories.
- ✅ Use the search tool to search for news & pages, O365 documents, sites and people.
- ✅ Access the My Work area.
- ✅ Use quicklinks and applications.
- ✅ Receive notifications and emails.
- ✅ Follow news channels.
- ✅ Choose interface, content and Auto-Translate languages.
Editors create and publish content.
This role combines the User's basic permissions and the Editor's specific permissions:
- ✅ Publish and edit news, knowledge pages and the Company Compass.
- ✅ Access the News & Pages area to manage news and knowledge pages and their status.
- ✅ Access the Insights area.
Admins manage company-wide settings.
This role combines the User's basic permissions and the Admin's specific permissions:
- ✅ Access the Company Settings area.
- ✅ Manage settings such as design, navigation structure, target audiences and channels.
- ❌ Admins don’t have Editor permissions.
🎓 Learn more about managing users in ahead