ahead allows you to post events from external sources into the activity feed by automating the triggers using Zapier.
Let’s go step by step through the process.
- 1. Once in Zapier, choose the app RSS by Zapier and choose one of the two trigger events. You can send items from one or multiple RSS feeds.
- 2. Enter the feed URL in the Customize Item section. If required, enter the credentials to access the feed as well. In the field ‘What triggers a new feed item?’ select the recommended option. Next, press ‘Continue’ and then ‘Test & Continue’.
📝 NOTE: Check this article on how to find the feed URL.
- 3. In the following Choose App & Event section, search for ahead, and select Create External Activity as the action event. After that, choose your ahead account or connect it if you haven’t done so yet.
- 4. Lastly, customize the information you want to display in the ahead activity by inserting data from the RSS feed into the different fields (title, source, url, etc.) Press ‘Test & Review’ to check in ahead what the new automated activity looks like and set the zap to ON once you’re happy with the result.
- 5. Your RSS feed connection is ready to automatically post new entries as ahead activities!